A mold is a model. Products are made according to this model, but how are molds produced? Most of them ca n’t answer except mold professionals. Molds have played an irreplaceable role in our lives. Our daily necessities Most of them are inseparable from molds, such as computers, telephones, fax machines, keyboards, cups and other plastic products. Needless to say, in addition, the outer covers such as cars and motorcycle engines are also made with molds. All kinds of molds will use more than 20,000. So the role of modern life molds is irreplaceable. As long as mass production is inseparable from molds.
So how is the mold made?
The following is a brief introduction to the modern mold production process.
1) ESI (Earlier Supplier Involvement): This stage is mainly a technical discussion between the customer and the supplier on product design and mold development. The main purpose is to allow the supplier to clearly understand the product. The designer’s design intent and accuracy requirements also allow product designers to better understand the ability of mold production and product process performance, so as to make a more reasonable design.
2) Quotation: Including the price of the mold, the life of the mold, the turnover process, the tonnage required by the machine, and the delivery time of the mold. (A more detailed quotation should include product size weight, mold size weight, etc.)
3) Purchase Order: Customer orders, deposits issued, and supplier orders accepted.
4) Production Planning and Schedule Arrangement: At this stage, we need to reply to the customer for the specific date of mold delivery.
5) Mould Design (Design): Pro / Engineer, UG, Solidworks, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.
6) Procurement materials
7) Machining: The processes involved are roughly car, gong (milling), heat treatment, grinding, computer gong (CNC), electric spark (EDM), wire cutting (WEDM), coordinate grinding (JIG GRINGING), Laser lettering, polishing, etc.
8) Mold assembly
9) Trial Run
10) Sample Evaluation Report (SER)
11) Approval of model evaluation report (SER Approval)
Post time: Nov-05-2020